Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

1# Tips & Recommendations

Assalamualaikum & Greetings!
Hi, I’m Anis Wu. I’m here going to talk on tips when illustrating.

From zero to this:

JJAAAAAAAAAAAAANG~! 

I'm new in teaching you guys here, so I apologize earlier if there's lack here & there.
Support me here: anisssewuu.tumblr.com 
*Click to enlarge all pictures below

1. 

Prepare your drawing tools. As for me, I always use: Artline Drawing System drawing pen (0.2, 0.3, 0.4, and 0.7mm), Pilot mechanical pencil (0.5mm), and an eraser.


2. 

First step, I arranged the character(s), by drawing a sphere or circle or an oval shape, which refers to the character’s head. Then, I draw the character’s facial position whether the character is staring at left or right or up or down or drawing it from its back. Then, start sketching the whole figure. Here I used 0.5mm of Pilot mechanical pencil. I recommend you start the sketching process with HB lead pencil or Pilot ENO Colours mechanical pencil.

3.

 After finishing the whole sketch, build the solid and object line. Here, I used 0.2mm of Artline Drawing System drawing pen. I prefer using smaller diameter.

4. 

Bold the lines so that the character looks alive and can be seen clearly. Here, I used 0.3, 0.4, and 0.7mm of Artline Drawing System drawing pens. I prefer using larger diameter.

                                 

5. 

Erase all pencil strokes and traces on the drawing with of course an eraser. If extra pen strokes or mess made from permanent pen ink, use liquid paper or pen with white ink. Usually, I ignore the mess, and edit it on Photoshop CS3.


6.     

Fix and repair the drawing and that’s your final touch on your drawing. Here, I used 0.2mm of Artline Drawing System drawing pen, to fix the constructing lines, and cover all the mess.

7.       

At last, usually I add shadows on the drawing. I draw a light source, and start the shadowing process. Here, I used 0.5mm of Pilot mechanical pencil. So, that’s actually my final touch.


So, that’s how I draw usually. And about how I draw the figure, I can’t tell you because that’s complicated. This is just a basic from an amateur so I’m not able to present you the professional tutorial. I would be so happy if I can record a video about my drawing tips.
I learnt drawing from watching too much anime, inspired by professionals, and non-stop-flowing imagination. I rarely do fan arts because I’m failed copy others, even it is only a drawing. I used to picture my original characters because I always daydreaming. So, that’s all I got.

If there’s any lack here, I’m sorry. The truth is I really working in detail when it comes to draw, but all things on this earth crust is not perfect, so do I and my drawings. I just shared this and that because lately people seem curious how I draw and illustrate. I can’t tell you in detail, whereas the way I draw nose, body, legs and so on. Learn to imagine things, so even though you stressed and in despair, when you can imagine and picture anything for real, your life will be always positive. Don’t imagine things too far and nasty stuffs. That’s unnecessary, really.

Good luck and all the best. Believe yourselves.
Wassalamualaikum!